Actions we are taking during the Coronavirus outbreak
As the concern grows for the COVID-19 outbreak, we feel it is important to share with you what we are doing to prevent the spread of the virus and support the health and well-being of both our patients and our employees.
We’re taking additional steps to keep our patients and our employees safe within our practice. In addition to our daily sanitation routine of all exam rooms and common areas, we have implemented the following:
- Removal of all magazines and brochures from the reception area and exam rooms.
- Hand sanitizer located in all high traffic areas.
- Daily sanitation has multiplied in all areas including door handles, counter tops, credit card machines, computers, iPads, clipboards, exam rooms, reception furniture and restrooms.
- We are asking that any patients or employees that have symptoms of a fever, cough or shortness of breath do not come into the practice.
- We are offering electronic yearly updates to
prevent use of pens and clipboards.
- All patients have the option to update all their yearly medical and demographic information before their visit by visiting their Patient Portal. If you do not know your patient portal information, please call us or e-mail us at email@example.com so we are able to send you the link and instructions.
We also now will be offering the added prevention for patients upon their request.
- If requested, patients have the option to wait in their vehicle until they are called to be notified that their nurse and room are ready.
- If you would like to make this request, please ensure you have notified the front desk by phone 24 hours before your appointment that you would like this implemented for your appointment.
- Your insurance information must be up-to-date in our system with the appropriate scanned images of your cards. If we do not have a scanned image of your card, we will request for it to be e-mailed to us for your appointment.
- All medical and demographic updates will be required to be completed on your online Patient Portal login before the time of your appointment.
- You will be required to call the office once you have arrived in the parking lot so we can check you in for your appointment.
At Mt. Pleasant Dermatology, LLC it is our privilege to serve our patients and their dermatological needs. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and ensure our practice is implementing all prevention steps possible.